Mike Cope's blog

Monday, December 22, 2003

It's a routine we've continued for 25 Christmases now -- all of our 26 since we were married except for the one a month after Megan died. We alternate years between Ohio and Missouri. Last year was an Ohio year. After going up there every other Christmas since 1978, it was only three years ago that someone mentioned that there is a place to ski just twenty minutes from my in-laws house. So the past couple Ohio Christmases have been filled with snow games: skiing, sledding, snowball fights, and tackle football. This is a Missouri year. I graduated from high school in 1974, but much about Neosho still feels like home. My folks are still in the house we moved into my junior year. The tiny trees we planted on their six acres 30 years ago now tower. It's the town where I was born and raised. How many people now get to enter kindergarten in the same town where they wind up graduating? The Ozarks are in my blood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home