Mike Cope's blog

Monday, December 29, 2003

We got back from Missouri just after midnight after two delays--one expected (stopping at Pappasito's for dinner) and one unexpected (sitting still on I-35 for 45 minutes). Yesterday morning I preached at the Rockedyne Road Church of Christ in Neosho. The audience was largely made up of (1) people I'm related to and (2) people who taught me or babysat me a LONG time ago. As I walked in for early service yesterday morning Carl Selby slipped me a couple pieces of candy. He was doing that 40 years ago! I love going back to a place like that. As I toured Neosho with my brother, memories came flooding--of grade school playground fights (at Field School where my 4-year-old nephew and 5-year-old niece are now attending preschool), of little league games, of a downtown paper route, of buying clothes at McGinty's, of riding my bike to see where a certain girl lived, etc. I'm lucky to have two homes: the one where I live and the one where I was born and raised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home