Mike Cope's blog

Monday, February 09, 2004

This morning's USA Today quotes Jack LaLanne--as he prepares to celebrate his 90th birthday--as saying, "I can't afford to die. It'll wreck my image." It says the famed fitness junkie eats the same regimented meal every single day: a soy milk shake for breakfast; five pieces of fruit and four egg whites for lunch; and a salad (with at least 10 raw vegies), three ounces of fish, brown rice, and a glass of red wine for dinner. Every day? Doesn't he ever wake up and say, "Darn it, I'm having four ounces of fish tonight. Do you hear me? FOUR! I've worked out every single day of my life and I'm almost 90 years old." Maybe he never gets that wild and crazy. Here's my main problem with the diet: Where's the guacamole? You're trying to tell me the man eats NO guacamole? That can't be good for him. He'll pay for that eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home