Mike Cope's blog

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I'm not generally a "Christian concert" guy. But last night -- Bebo Norman, Amy Grant, and Mercy Me -- well, that's as good as I hope to see any time soon . . . unless Steven Curtis Chapman and Sarah Lynn go on tour together. (Non-Highland readers won't know that Sarah Lynn is the young woman who used to lead our praise nights.) Amy Grant said she knew everyone would want her to sing the old songs, and then proceeded to sing her new ones. Where was "Sing Your Praise to the Lord" and "Father's Eyes"? I guess she's been singing them for a quarter of a century, though. May be time for a rest. Loved hearing my three favorite "Mercy Me" songs: "Word of God Speak," "The Love of God," and, of course, "I Can Only Imagine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home