Mike Cope's blog

Sunday, April 11, 2004

This morning was our 10th Easter morning to gather at Megan's grave. I could not have survived the past years since my daughter's death without belief in the Resurrection of Christ. This morning I read to those gathered with us the blessing I wrote the day before she died. A couple dozen of us gathered in her pediatric ICU room, and these words were spoken over her--words that reflected her love for the children's song "I'm in the Lord's Army." (As I recall, I tried to read it but couldn't, and Darryl Tippens finished for me.) Megan, You have been a blessing from God for ten years. You have worn us out--but much more you have taught us about the deeper meanings of life. With your joy, your love, and your pure spirit, you have challenged our petty complaints about life. Just as you have lived with great joy, may you die with the joy and peace of the Lord upon you. You have always wanted to march in the Lord's Army. Your mother, your brothers, these friends, and I all release you into his hands. Please save a place in the ranks for us, for we will always look forward to seeing you again. May the Lord bless you and keep you; May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; May the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Christ is risen -- he is risen indeed! This morning a choir at church sang the "Hallelujah Chorus" as powerfully as I've ever heard it. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought, How would we survive without the hope that Easter assures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home