Mike Cope's blog

Friday, August 27, 2004

I'm not a reviewer. But take this tip (those of you in Abilene): go see "Barefoot in the Park" at ACU. It's on this weekend and the next two weekends. Kate Eason and Eric Harrell were incredible. (Kate reminded me of Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie.) Both were perfect as the newlyweds trying to deal with the early days of marriage. But it was Adam and Donna Hester, my dear friends, who sent me over the edge laughing so hard Diane had to find the spare inhaler for me. Go see it and you'll understand. Something about Adam flirting with his (real) wife in that schmoozy French accent--well, just the memory of it makes me have to stop typing this morning to laugh hard again. - - - - For those who don't get the whole Parrothead thing, check out this article from the Chicago Sun-Times.

4 Comments:

  • Are there REALLY people who don't "get the whole Parrothead thing"?!!! Inconceivable! His latest album "License to Chill" is fantastic ~ right up there with the greatest hits (Margaritaville, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Son of a Sailor, etc)in my book.

    By Blogger Mae, at 8/27/2004 07:14:00 AM  

  • One of the things I really miss about Abilene is going to theater presentations at ACU. It just seems harder to go to things here in the big city. I love that I am still able to go to the musical at Homecoming each year.

    By Blogger Jenni, at 8/27/2004 07:53:00 AM  

  • Mike- I am not a reviewer either, but I did just finish Thom Lemmons latest historical novel, "King's Ransom." It is definitely a must-read for anyone- not just for those of us who go to church with him. I think this could be a break-out book for him.

    By Blogger Val, at 8/28/2004 05:59:00 PM  

  • Let me give you my review, but not about the play.

    I saw Diane for the first time since you guys got back from the beach and I did a double take. She looked just like a college freshman! Wow! So, did you find the fountain of youth?

    By Blogger Serena Voss, at 8/30/2004 06:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home