Mike Cope's blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Today is September 1, so . . . Happy birthday, Dad. Still clinging to your 60s! (My first couple years as preacher for the College Church in Searcy my PARENTS were in their 40s.) Glad you were born. My life wouldn't have been the same. :) And to others, happy dove hunting. Dove season opens today. We won't get to go until this weekend. Big year for Chris: he gets to move from a BB gun to a real shotgun (all right, it's a 410, but that's still a shotgun!). By the way, as the Mexican menu theme continues, I make some pretty mean dove fajitas. Keep those in mind for this blog block fiesta we're talking about. I've also made quail fajitas and sandhill crane fajitas, but that's for another season.

3 Comments:

  • Happy birthday to your dad, and I'm so thankful you have the blessing of your dad still with you. There's something so special about a dad with his kids.

    Being a strong supporter of the 2nd Ammendment, It pleases me that Chris is being taught how to responsibly handle a gun. Maybe you can solve a mystery that's run around in my mind for several years. Why in the world is a great big shotgun necessary to shoot a little ole dove? It always brings to mind the image of a Stinger missile swatting a fly. Where have I gone wrong here?

    As far as the fajitas are concerned - it will be my pleasure to turn over to others all the TexMex dishes, as well as the horrid CalMex (all yellow cheese and soggy tortillas) I can't figure out why my beloved California can't figure out what good Mexican cooking is all about.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2004 08:39:00 AM  

  • Hey! Wha' happened? The previous post was from me - didn't mean to send it anonymous. :( Sorry!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 9/01/2004 08:42:00 AM  

  • The bird mates for life and you eat it on a fajita! Make sure you season it well I have heard it is a very dull bird.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2004 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home