Mike Cope's blog

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Well, no handy Missouri press tickets available for game 4. So I've been checking eBay off and on this weekend. People are VERY proud of those tickets! I'm thinking that if I snuck up on Wednesday (my students are taking a test, anyway!), I could take the earlybird flight out the next morning in time to speak at the "Together Conference." (Rick Atchley, Rubel Shelly, Randy Harris, and I will be speaking from Churches of Christ. Allan Dunbar, Barry McMurtrie, Ben Merold, and Bob Russell will be speaking from Christian Churches.) I've been wearing my purple all day as this is ACU Homecoming weekend. Special congrats to Brandon Scott Thomas for his award as "young alumnus of the year."

2 Comments:

  • Mike, I can't speak for others nor will I attempt to, but this is one voice who is requesting that you PLEASE share on your blog your experiences this week at the "Together Conference" when you get back. Not all of us who want to go will be able to break away and attend, so your reflections will be greatly anticipated! Our prayers are with all of you who are participating in this GODLY event.

    I also hope you find some Cardinal tickets that don't cause you to seek the nearest producer of prosthetics!
    It is pretty riduclous what the prices are when you consider what it takes to feed a child in the Darfur district of the Sudan. Was that hitting below the belt? Perspective does that to us at times.

    By Blogger David U, at 10/24/2004 09:53:00 AM  

  • Please post your insights from the conference. Our chruch group just went through an exploration of merging with a Ind. Christian church that appears to be dying out. It is not going foward at this time. The discussion was interesting.

    By Blogger Steve Duer, at 10/25/2004 05:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home