Mike Cope's blog

Thursday, November 25, 2004

It's Thanksgiving morning in Missouri. After the return trip that wouldn't end, we turned around yesterday and drove from Abilene to Neosho. We met Matt and Jenna at Pappasito's (can you travel from Abilene to Missouri without a Pappasito's stop?), left their car somewhere, and drove up together. This is a tough time of year. We just passed the 10th anniversary of Megan's death (Nov. 21 -- I'll probably write more about that later), and it's around the date when my nephew Jantsen would have been 21. And yet we are all together. My parents, my brother and his family (who live here), one of my two sisters and her family (from Conway, AR), our family, and various other relatives. One turkey is in the oven. The other will soon be deep fried. Pumpkin pies are baked. Peanut brittle will be made (by Dad). Sticky buns were awaiting us this morning. Life is good.

3 Comments:

  • Happy Thanksgiving Mike.
    Send our love to Diane too.
    And give Christopher a noogy from me and tell him I said, "What's up?"

    I know you've been traveling a lot but I didn't think you needed to let us in on the current state of your hinny's hygiene...

    your "sticky buns" is more information than I needed.

    But aside from that sticky situation, I agree with you - life is good.

    ps: honest now, which will you enjoy more: Pappasito's or Turkey?

    By Blogger Joel Quile, at 11/25/2004 09:15:00 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving y'all! If you're spending it with family, you're spending it well...

    Our folks (the Waites side of this family) are in from TX, AL, TN, and North GA. We've been blessed with safe travel and plenty of beds to be shared in the Atlanta homes here.

    Smoked turkey, fried turkey and conventional oven (the Norman Rockwell looking) turkey all blessed our table yesterday. And believe it or not -- nearly all gone!

    Have a great weekend, too.

    By Blogger Kevin Hammond, at 11/26/2004 06:59:00 AM  

  • My dad cooks his turkey on the grill!!!! Juicy & yummy!

    Any other unusual turkey preparations? Any unusual food this year? Just wondering!

    By Blogger Beaner, at 11/27/2004 07:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home