Mike Cope's blog

Friday, July 29, 2005

The Board of Trustees at Lipscomb could not have made a better choice. Just last week I asked people to fill us in on good things happening at various universities. And in my opinion, this is very good news from Nashville. You can read about it at Lipscomb's website (www.lipscomb.edu). Randy and Rhonda Lowry are two incredible spiritual leaders. Randy is a wonderful lawyer, a wise elder (at Conejo Valley in Thousand Oaks), a conflict management guru, and a great Bible teacher. But in addition to that, he's a great guy. The kind you like to hang out with. And Rhonda? I don't even have words. She leaves everyone in her wake feeling blessed and affirmed. She's an insightful student of scripture. Don't want to say more. You get the picture. Congrats to the folks at Lipscomb.

7 Comments:

  • Mike,

    I don't know Randy from Adam. But I can tell you this much...

    That guy certainly LOOKS the part. If I close my eyes and imagine a president at a C of C school, I see that guy!

    I loved that line, "she leaves everyone in here wake feeling blessed and affirmed."

    I hope people say that about me.

    Love you bro.

    By Blogger Joel Quile, at 7/29/2005 08:51:00 AM  

  • As a Lipscomb grad ('04) I could not be more happy and so proud of Lipscomb for bringing the Lowrys to the school. I will be excited to see how the school grows under their leadership!

    By Blogger Katie, at 7/29/2005 09:34:00 AM  

  • The Lowry's son John is our education minister at Preston Road and we've been blessed to have Rhonda speak at our last two ladies' retreats. Such a blessing to hear her speak! I pray God's richest blessings on their family through this transition and on the future of Lipscomb.

    By Blogger Jenni, at 7/29/2005 10:56:00 AM  

  • That Joel Quile...

    "she leaves everyone in her wake feeling blessed and affirmed."

    Does that sound the way you had hoped, Joel?

    Heehee

    By Blogger Steve Jr., at 7/29/2005 11:54:00 AM  

  • Why are you having a wake, Joel? You sick?

    By Blogger Val, at 7/29/2005 02:33:00 PM  

  • Mike, I agree. I've met Randy at a couple of places where he was teaching "Jesus Way" of conflict management. I was excited for Lipscomb when I first read the news on the Christian Chronicle website.

    By Blogger dagwud, at 7/29/2005 09:19:00 PM  

  • I love Rhonda and Randy. I just hope they don't get chewed up in the ugly environment that exists in that part of the universe. I also hope Ronda gets a chance to show the way for female leadership. We are long overdue.

    By Blogger Steve Puckett, at 7/30/2005 05:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home