Mike Cope's blog

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Last night I got to attend the New Wineskins Reconciliation Meeting in Ft. Worth. Jerry Taylor and Ken Greene, two of the best preachers I've ever heard in my life, began the conference by challenging the ministers to yield to the movement of God in their lives. A predominantly African-American group, this was a hard-praying, joy-singing bunch. I hardly know most of these brothers, but I was struck by their faith and their courage. Can't wait to get to know them better. - - - - A note to Highland folks: I want to beg you to pray for Klint and Rachel Pleasant. They left Highland and Abilene recently to move back to Rochester College. (Most of you know that Klint was ACU's men's basketball coach.) You can read his blog entry called "My Wife Is Sick" at www.klintpleasant.blogspot.com.

3 Comments:

  • Mike,
    Thank you for letting us know about Rachel's health problems. Reading Klint's entry on his blog brought me to tears and immediate prayer for her and for their family.

    <><><><>

    How I pray one of the outcomes of the Wineskins Reconciliation meeting in Ft. Worth will be a greater interchange between Highland and our brothers of other cultures. I just know it would so enrich all of our lives and walks with the LORD and in His work.

    To use one of your thoughts, if I may, "can't wait [for all of us] to get to know them better!!"

    By Blogger Kathy, at 8/27/2005 07:33:00 AM  

  • Kathy -

    I believe an important step in that direction will happen tomorrow. Listen for the announcement! Mike

    By Blogger Mike, at 8/27/2005 12:38:00 PM  

  • How exciting!! I'll be sure not to sleep during services tomorrow. LOL and ;) ;)

    This is so very important for the Church's health everywhere.

    Good willing, see you tomorrow morning.

    In His grace,
    K

    By Blogger Kathy, at 8/27/2005 02:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home