Mike Cope's blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tonight, weather permitting, I'll once again get to speak at the amphitheater at ACU to all the incoming freshmen and transfers at the Candlelight Devotional. Other than the message part, it is an amazing evening. I wish every parent could look through my eyes to see all the students holding their lights and to listen to them sing. (There's a picture from last year here.) - - - - I'll leave this alone, but here are three more letters about "Aida" at ACU.

10 Comments:

  • Instead of "black-face," looks like the local NAACP chapter has gotten a black eye.

    /pun-ishment

    By Blogger Greg Kendall-Ball, at 8/16/2005 06:22:00 AM  

  • Thanks, Mike, for keeping us up-to-date on the ACU "Aida" story. I have not been able to get Adam Hester's example of selfless and courageous sacrifice off my mine. I hope I will remember it the next time I am innocently accused and can respond with the grace and compassion that he did. Kathy

    By Blogger Vkls, at 8/16/2005 06:47:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the Aida update. I've got to start thinking about something else. I've just finish blogging about this topic myself. Surely there must be something else for me to do.

    By Blogger Sean, at 8/16/2005 09:19:00 AM  

  • Great post, Sean. I'd like to encourage everyone to pop over to www.seanpalmer.blogspot.com and read what he wrote today. Thanks for your spirit and your insights, brother. Mike

    By Blogger Mike, at 8/16/2005 11:08:00 AM  

  • It was raining my senior year before Candlelight Devo (back in the dark ages), but God was merciful and held the rain back for an hour. Then it poured.

    Praying for the same mercy for tonight. Can't wait to hear your speak for the sixth straight year...

    By Blogger Corey, at 8/16/2005 11:38:00 AM  

  • Corey - I resent the implication that I just give the same speech ever year. Sure, the jokes and stories are the same, and sure, that's about 90% of it. But the other 10% changes to reflect the different themes each year. :)

    By Blogger Mike, at 8/16/2005 03:04:00 PM  

  • Just got back from candlelight devo. This was the best one in a few years. No rain, no wind, a double shot of the second verse of "It is Well"...

    It wouldn't be candlelight without you and tonight was no different.

    By Blogger Corey, at 8/16/2005 08:49:00 PM  

  • I just got back as well and your 10% change was right on the money with a lot of things going on in my life. Thanks a ton. Oh and it feels good to be back in the blogosphere from an amazing summer in mexico serving and getting my world rocked. My question is... what ministries does highland have for spanish speakers? Id love to help or get involved or even help cast a vision for one!

    By Blogger Phyllistene, at 8/17/2005 12:01:00 AM  

  • Phyllistine - Give me a call at Highland. There's a lot about to happen. I'll connect you with Joe Almanza. How are your Spanish skills?

    By Blogger Mike, at 8/17/2005 06:41:00 AM  

  • ummm... whats your email? Ill be at highland for sure on sunday. Maybe Ill try to snag you at some point.. I dont think we have ever actually met.. hahah... odd.

    By Blogger Phyllistene, at 8/17/2005 09:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home