Mike Cope's blog

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Last day of the Zoe Conference. I'm worn out, but it's going to be a great day. Big gatherings this morning and this evening, amazing classes throughout the day, and a Michael Card concert at 1:00. I enjoyed putting faces to names of lots of members of this blog community the past couple days. We've had funny stories about the "Amy Grant" who posts here -- who is neither the person married to Vince Gill nor my friend from Highland (Amy) who is married to Grant. I was glad to meet THE REAL Amy Grant yesterday (the one who leaves wonderful notes here occasionally). Donna Hester's piece about Eve, Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary was incredible. I just wish the video camera had been a bit closer so people back in the corners (1200 in that building is FULL) could see a bit better. But they saw well enough to be stirred by the story of God's persistent love through the centuries, as told through the stories of these women. - - - - The cool front hit Nashville yesterday, and I'm in heaven. The hills of Tennessee and cool weather. - - - - Randy Johnson is loved in New York -- as long as he does well. . . which he didn't yesterday, so he was booed. The $203-million-dollar boys are one game from elimination. Come on, Angels! (Note: you may remember the bet I have with Joe Hays. So Joe, please get space ready on your blog for my trash-talking.) The Padres should bow out today, which would make them, I think, a game under .500 for the year. But much thanks for keeping my Cards tuned up.

8 Comments:

  • Yes, Donna's performance was very moving! I was struck by the portrayal of Rahab, and her despair that she would never do anything of significance. I sometimes feel the same, and perhaps it's just that I haven't waited on God long enough to see what He will do with me.

    And I was also blessed by your expression of the Sermon on the Mount. Very well done!

    And can we all just have something of Sheryl Thomas' expressiveness in worship transfused into our lives? If we could have that level of excellence and sincerity in using our gifts for God, I think we just might be able to make some Jesus break out in this world!

    By Blogger Tim Castle, at 10/08/2005 05:51:00 AM  

  • I'll refrain from making any comment until after midnight tonight except to say, never, ever count the Padres out, especially at home.

    (Wish ya' had a razz emoticon here for this occasion! lol)

    By Blogger Kathy, at 10/08/2005 06:40:00 AM  

  • Nothing quite like the excitement of watching the Yankees possibly bow out early yet again. I'm only torn because I know Joe will be crushed.

    By Blogger KentF, at 10/08/2005 07:16:00 AM  

  • I don't mind that it bothers Joe. He's an adult and should know better.

    But it bothers me a bit for precious little Ira. Outside his NICU room (the only room he's known so far in his five months of life), you can see Yankee stadium. If I knew . . . really knew . . . that Ira has become a Yankees fan, I'd tolerate them in the Series.

    By Blogger Mike, at 10/08/2005 09:26:00 AM  

  • Good luck with the last day! Hope it was a good day!

    By Blogger Nichole, at 10/08/2005 11:53:00 AM  

  • What a great win last night. Rain today so we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the Angels clinch.

    You think God postponed the game for the ZOE conference?

    By Blogger Thurman8er, at 10/08/2005 04:29:00 PM  

  • Trust me guys, Ira is a fan. I talk Yankee baseball with him everyday as does the Priest when he is on the floor. We're all pretty confident about Game 4. So don't start typing out your post just yet, Mike.

    By Blogger jch, at 10/08/2005 04:54:00 PM  

  • Thanks, Mike. It was great to finally meet you, too. And I appreciate your clearing up the confusion surrounding my name! I have many funny stories over 15 years of marriage, but nothing prepared me for moving back to Nashville and posting on your blog all at the same time "Three Wishes" premiered!

    I just got home from Zoe on a high - didn't want it to end! Can't we do one more late nite with Randy Gill?

    Thank you for your leadership with Zoe and the Oasis it is for our souls. I am encouraged about the future of our little corner in the kingdom of God as I looked around the room and sensed the Spirit among us.

    By Blogger Amy, at 10/08/2005 08:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home