Mike Cope's blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's not so much that I actually stayed up and WATCHED all those ABC Monday Night Football games. But I did watch the first hour or so of a bunch of them. Then the voices of Howard Cosell, Don Meredith, Al Michaels, and Frank Gifford lulled me to sleep. Nothing like sleeping on the floor with a good game in the background. It was a good three-and-a-half-decade run. Now it's on ESPN, probably an inevitable transition in the age of five zillion cable stations. - - - - Yesterday I got to whisk three little nieces (ages 5, 6 [the one from Vietnam], and 12) and my youngest female first cousin (age 14) around in a golf cart. What a blast! Missouri reunions don't come often enough.

3 Comments:

  • I still miss Dandy Don Meredith.

    "Turn out the lights...
    the party's over..."

    I guess that all good things must end.

    By Blogger Joel Maners, at 12/27/2005 09:59:00 AM  

  • And yesterday I heard that MY little niece and nephew (little is relative) are making a trek back to Abilene following the ZOE conference.

    A suggestion here: Don't turn the golf cart over to either of them.

    By Blogger Thurman8er, at 12/27/2005 10:14:00 AM  

  • I couldn't help but think that all the hoopla about MNF leaving ABC was nothing more than promotion for it going to ESPN. Since when has a show changing networks gained so much attention? Usually when a show changes networks it is because it isn't doing to well.

    I feel like people are giving a going away party to a neighbor moving next door.

    By Blogger Steve Duer, at 12/28/2005 04:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home